Vizcaya has created a new livestream series for all the garden lovers out there. We’re calling it the “Garden AMA” – Ask Me Anything!
Connect with the museum’s horticulture staff on Fridays at 9:00 a.m. and get all your gardening questions answered.
Want to know why we plant certain species in the gardens? How to become a horticulturist? Or simply how to take better care of your house plants?
Want to watch the replay of past livestreams? They will all be posted below for you to enjoy.
WATCH LIVE! Pick how you want to watch by clicking the corresponding button below.
You can leave comments on the Facebook and YouTube videos with your questions to get priority and even set reminders within the platform to be notified when we go live.
Friday, August 28 @ 9:00 a.m.
During this livestream, Vizcaya Deputy Director of Horticulture Ian Simpkins discussed:
- What flowers were historically grown during Vizcaya’s estate period
- How to get rid of insects on a desert rose
- Care tips for a Frangipanai tree
- Vizcaya’s watering and fertilization schedule… and more
Friday, August 21
Watch this “ask me anything” livestream with Horticulture Manager David Hardy where we discussed:
- Where to best plant an avocado tree
- The best time of day to water plants
- Plants that can survive the heat in Miami
- The original design of the parterres in Vizcaya’s formal gardens… and more