A PICTURE-PERFECT LOCATION
- STAY IN THE KNOW | Want to know the latest about construction at the museum and other updates related to photo permits? Click below to sign up for the list and receive notifications right to your email.
DO I NEED A PHOTO PERMIT?
A PHOTOGRAPHY PERMIT IS REQUIRED IF VISITORS MEET 2 OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- INTENT: If the purpose of your visit is to use Vizcaya as a backdrop for photos.
- A PHOTOGRAPHER: Either amateur or professional. Someone (or several) who are the designated photographer(s) within your party.
- PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT & ACCESSORIES: Lights, reflectors, camera lenses, tripods.
- PROPS & MAKEUP: Flowers (real or artificial), parasols, posters, bags or luggage that contain props, makeup cases.
- A CHANGE OF CLOTHES: Changing in or out of any additional outfits other than a sweater or jacket to go over an existing outfit.
- SPECIAL OCCASION OUTFIT/COSTUME: Arrive wearing anything other than tourist-style casual clothing to include: matching outfits (color, pattern, style, or otherwise), tuxedo or suit, bridal gowns, formal attire (of any global culture), cocktail dresses, fur coats, bathing suit (top, bottom, or both), or costumes (such as carnival attire, cos play, etc.).
Vizcaya staff reserve the right to determine when an individual/party meets the following requirements for purchasing a photography permit and may deny entry to the estate if a permit is not available or acquired.
In the event the above are concealed upon entry and discovered later during the visit, the entire party will be asked to leave without refund.
DAYTIME PHOTO PERMITS
COMMERCIAL STILL PHOTOGRAPHY
To coordinate your shoot, please fill out the form below. You will be contacted regarding the availability on your requested date. Your request is not confirmed until all required documents and payments are received and Vizcaya staff confirms the date in writing.
Vizcaya reserves the right to refuse any photography request. Photography clients are subject to all rules, regulations and guidelines of Vizcya Museum and Gardens and may be asked to leave at any time without refund of fees if client is in violation.
MOVIE, TELEVISION AND VIDEO FILMING
Filming of any kind including for commercial products or entities includes, but is not limited to, movies, television, videos, social media and other motion-media require a commerical filming permit.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a National Historic Landmark and an accredited museum open to the public. Therefore, there is limited availability for filming at the estate, and requests must be received a minimum of 30 days in advance.
Restoration work is ongoing at Vizcaya and may coincide with your project.