Vizcaya’s Horticulture team went live so all our garden lovers on social media had a chance to get their questions answerred in this “Garden AMA” – Ask Me Anything!
Want to know why we plant certain species in the gardens? How to become a horticulturist? Or simply how to take better care of your house plants?
Watch the replays below.
LIVE with Ian Simpkins, Deputy Director of Horticulture
- What flowers were historically grown during Vizcaya’s estate period
- How to get rid of insects on a desert rose
- Care tips for a Frangipanai tree
- Vizcaya’s watering and fertilization schedule… and more
LIVE with David Hardy, Horticulture Manager
- Where to best plant an avocado tree
- The best time of day to water plants
- Plants that can survive the heat in Miami
- The original design of the parterres in Vizcaya’s formal gardens… and more
KEEP VIZCAYA GREEN
Make a gift online to support Vizcaya’s preservation.