Bedtime Stories Under the Stars
May 28 at 6:00 pm$10
Join Vizcaya and the South Miami Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. for an evening of incredible stories and imagination!
During this magical evening, families will be treated to:
- readings from local authors on the East Terrace, overlooking Biscayne Bay
- history, told in first-person stories from elders, as we stream The Rich and Forgotten History of Black Coconut Grove in the Gardens
- creating their own stories with words or artmaking in small workshops facilitated by museum educators
- exploring the contributions of Bahamians who created the shell murals in the grottos in small group discussions
- making their own art murals inspired by the Bahamian shellwork in the grottos
All activities take place outside creating a perfect opportunity for families to learn more about the history of our community and inspire the creativity to tell stories of our own!
To promote inclusion for all, Vizcaya ensures that all community programs, after-hour and weekend events for locals, feature activities that are physically accessible to all visitors. While not all areas of the estate are wheelchair accessible, community programs are purposefully located in areas without stairs or that can be accessed via a ramp.
DISCLAIMER | This is not a sleepover activity. The estate closes at 9:00 p.m. and all guests must be off the property by that time. This is a Vizcaya Family Program, which requires that at least one child be present in your party in order for your group to participate.