Last updated March 13, 2020, at 8:11 p.m.
With the safety of our community as our top priority, Vizcaya will temporarily close to the public beginning Saturday, March 14, 2020.
For specific questions, we encourage guests to use the online contact form and thank you, in advance, for your patience as we work to respond to all inquiries.
Updated March 12, 2020 at 8:03 p.m.
In response to recent news about Coronavirus (COVID-19), Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is taking active steps for the health and safety of our visitors and staff.
Everyone is welcome at Vizcaya
- Vizcaya is open for visitors. We are carefully monitoring news and updates and will adjust if advised by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or other national or local authorities.
- During your visit, you may encounter staff, volunteers and other visitors wearing masks or gloves. These protective measures do not indicate that staff, volunteers or other visitors are sick.
Keeping a healthy environment
- Vizcaya has a robust and enhanced cleaning schedule that includes disinfectant cleaning and wiping of surfaces in public restrooms every 15 to 30 minutes, including toilets, sinks and any surfaces that hands touch (doors, handrails, etc.)
- The admissions booth area and staff are equipped with disinfectant wipes and spray to keep the entrance to the estate clean.
- Audio Tour devices are sanitized after each use. They do not require headphones or ear buds but do have a 3.2mm headphone jack if visitors choose to bring and use their own.
- Staff that leads adult and student Group Tours are equipped with disinfectant wipes for hand-held tablets used during these tours.
- Common areas and staff areas in Vizcaya’s Main House are cleaned regularly each day.
- Touch-free hand sanitizer dispensers will soon be available at public entrances to Vizcaya and at the Vizcaya Café & Shop.
Social distancing and Vizcaya
- Vizcaya’s expansive 10 acres of formal gardens provide beautiful spaces for visitors to explore easily, while keeping a healthy distance from others.
- Vizcaya’s Main House’s central Courtyard and 32 decorated spaces provide many opportunities for visitors to explore at a healthy distance from others.
Canceled programs and events
With public safety in mind, Vizcaya is canceling public and member programs through April 5. We are exploring options for alternative online experiences and we apologize for any inconvenience.
- Sundays, beginning March 15, 9:00 a.m. Vizcaya Village Farmers Market. This new farmers market will not be launched until further notice.
- March 18, 6:00 p.m. Vizcaya Climate Collaborative: Biscayne Bay.
- March 18, 6:00 p.m. Equinox Meditation | Member Exclusive.
- March 21, 9:30 a.m. Educator Appreciation Day at Vizcaya.
- March 25, 6:00 p.m. Seersucker Social: A 1920s Game Night.
- April 3, 6:00 p.m. Wild Vizcaya | Nocturnal Edition.
- April 4, 10:00 a.m. Wild Vizcaya.
- April 4, 1:00 p.m. Vizcaya Members House Tour | Vizcaya’s Natural Environment.
Vizcaya will keep the community updated via its web site and social media.
You can also receive updates in your inbox by signing up for the email list.
Thank you for your support of Vizcaya and for your patience in this evolving situation. We hope you all stay safe and healthy and look forward to seeing you back at Vizcaya soon.
–Vizcaya Museum and Gardens